singer | lecturer | voice coach
“Listen to your voice and it will love to listen to you.”
Jana Klusoňová comes from a musical family. From the age of 5, she attended the Bedřich Smetana Elementary Art School in Litomyšl, where she learned to play the flute, piano and participated in a choir. She was born in Litomyšl, which she is very proud of, as this East Bohemian town is the birthplace of many important artists and personalities.
As a teenager, she began singing with amateur bands of various genres and gained valuable “schooling” in the process. In 1999, she participated in a nationwide competition for young talent (Talent 99), where she impressed with her jazz sensibility and won third place.
That same year, she privately attended lessons in “pop singing” with music teacher and former leading soloist of the Karlín Theater, Mr. Vratislav Kadlec, in Prague.
Shortly after the birth of her children, she began organizing themed and charity concerts, where she also performs. She struggled with a strong desire for her own musical realization, and although she had never made a living from music or singing before, she began to fulfill her own dreams and became a singing teacher (organizing vocal workshops, seminars, courses, and singing lessons).
She studied music therapy and attended singing workshops in the Czech Republic and abroad (Germany). A major milestone was a vocal workshop with British singer and composer Verity Standen, after which she decided to open her own private “school,” VOICE. Thanks to this bold step, she was included in the TOP 20 entrepreneurial women of the year in the “Entrepreneurial Woman” grant program, organized by the AMSP (Association of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Self-Employed Persons of the Czech Republic) in 2017.
She is a great admirer of the human voice and a supporter of its potential. As a singer, author, lecturer, and founder of the Voice and Popular Singing School in Litomyšl, she approaches singing and working with the voice with a unique and interesting perspective, and strives to be the kind of teacher she herself always sought.
Currently, she is not only devoted to voice coaching and teaching, but also works with children – in connection with nature in a forest kindergarten.
As a singer, she has fulfilled several dreams:
- Singing at prestigious music events such as “Smetanova Litomyšl” and “Prague Spring.”
- A concert of Vera Špinarova’s songs (2018) with the Big Band
- Overcoming paralyzing stage fright that she suffered from at every performance
- Learning to control her voice so that she can interpret any musical genre
As a language instructor:
- Voice programs and workshops: “Unlock Your Voice”, “The Power of Your Voice”, “Master of Your Voice”
- Annual Christmas musical “s Přesahem” (Proceeds go to help a selected family) “Awakening” and “setting” the potential of the human voice
- Supportive and motivating guidance in singing lessons and working with the voice in general
- Sharing her own experiences with a large dose of empathy for any situation or problem
- Practices intuitive pedagogy, which she considers incredibly important due to the individual approach to each student
- Organizes voice workshops with other interesting guests
- Founder of the singing school HLAS and Populární Zpěvu Litomyšl/Pardubice, more at https://www.facebook.com/Skolahlasu
On her blog www.janaklusonova.cz, she publishes blog articles related to singing and the connection of singing with our inner selves. She focuses on “unlocking” various fears when singing, applying “intuitive singing,” which is a natural activity for each of us and leads to authentic expression and healthy self-confidence.